Kerrey (was Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: Guns etc]]

John K. Taber jktaber at dhc.net
Fri Nov 19 14:20:49 PST 1999

jf noonan wrote:

>On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, Tom Lehman wrote:
>
>> Or you may have seen a few years ago when Kerry of Nebraska
>> a man of unquestionable personal bravery had to go on TV and
>> discharge a shotgun in order to get re-elected!
>

>Huh? Kerry the Social Security scare mongerer? Kerry the
>immigrant bashing (along with Babrbara Jordan) national ID card
>huckster? Kerry the Free Trader? Why ever should I give a shit
>about Kerry's "bravery"?

I'm sure glad somebody said it. Bob Kerrey is not one of my favorite senators.

One nit: It's spelled "Kerrey", the Nebraska senator out to get rid of Social Security.

I don't want him confused with John Kerry of Mass, who so far hasn't offended me.

And speaking of Social Security, thanks Doug, for the transcript of your interview with Reich in # 92.

John K. Taber