Proto-fascist structure

Chip Berlet cberlet at igc.org
Fri Nov 19 14:35:41 PST 1999

Thank you for making my point that a crude understanding of fascism often leads some on the left into right wing conspiracy theories.

The site you suggested is an article by Harry V. Martin, a well known right wing conspiracy theorist. In Right Woos Left I devote a section to Martin.

http://www.publiceye.org/rightwoo/Rwooz-37.htm#P802_291600

For a sensible and progressive analysis of FEMA see:

http://www.publiceye.org/liberty/fema/Fema_0.htm

Not all political repression is fascism. Not even all military dictatorships are fascist. You use the term fascism too loosely to be valuable in a serious discussion. Just because a right wing crank says something bad about the government, you should not be so gullible as to believe it, much less suggest the drivel to others on this list. The secret team and secret government thesis, peddled by Danny Sheehan and the Christic Institute, was sanitized conspiracy material from the Liberty Lobby and the LaRouche network.

-Chip Berlet

----- Original Message ----- From: Charles Brown <CharlesB at CNCL.ci.detroit.mi.us> To: <Lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Friday, November 19, 1999 4:48 PM Subject: Proto-fascist structure