: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: Guns etc]]

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sat Nov 20 11:20:56 PST 1999

Michael Hoover wrote:
>Re. Nebraska's Kerrey, he works distributive >bias of policymaking to
>his advantage like every other member of >Congress who often must
>be assuaged whenever legislation has >redistributive effects. And in
>Senate, equal representation enhances some >states relative to population.
>By setting price for their vote, senators from >less-populated states may,
>in effect, 'determine' national policy.

Any thoughts on Michael Lind's TNR piece(or the reply to Daniel Lazere in NLR that he did re: Constitution) about the tilting of national policy rightwards due to giving rural Western and suburban, reactionary, Council of Conservative Citizen card carriers, like Southerner, Trent Lott, the same vote as a Wellstone?( Who, btw voted for the Defense of Marriage Act, cf. Ken Tucker book published by South End Press on Queer Culture(s) [or should it be (c)!!!] When I sen't an e-mail to Wellstone's office re:that piece of right-wing opportunism, they never replied. Guess, Paul, listens to Michael Lerner too much. When Wellstone was sworn in after being elected, the South Carolina Senator Fritz Hollings said to Paul that he reminded him of Hubert Humphrey at which Paul was pleased. Hollings replied that he meant that Paul talked too much! Pres. George Bush is reported to have said re:Paul,"Who is this asshole!"

Oh, and I think the good Dr.'s name is Quentin Young, not Green.

Michael Pugliese