Conspiracy Theories

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sat Nov 20 11:47:30 PST 1999

Chip Berlet appended an excellent bibliography to which I'd add a book by Linda Kintz,"Between Jesus and the Market: The Emotions That Matter in Right-Wing America."

Also to Michael Pearlman's list of state generated conspiracy theories re:Judi Bari, the Anderson Valley Advertiser which carries Alex C. at greater length than The Nation (and an occasional piece by neo-con Steven Schwartz, who has a huge book on West Coast radicalism out from Basic Books) has covered this story, with speculation about an ex of Judi's being the culprit although I'd have to say it smells of COINTELPRO to me. Also the conspiracy rag "Flatland" has run a cover story on Judi Bari last year.

Michael Pugliese