blowing up churches

Gary Bramstedt gbfoto at best.com
Sat Nov 20 20:45:22 PST 1999

This reminded me of a local (San Francisco) tv news story re Kosovo from a few weeks back; it was reported that NATO troops were marking Serb houses with inverted green "V" logos "so that the troops could then recognize the structures and 'protect" them. According to the news, unfortunately, when the troops were absent these same homes were razed and burned...

Sort of like when the Nazis made the Jewish citizens wear the Star of David on their garments; so that the SS could then recognize and protect them...

glb