Guns, Politics, and American Culture - Part 2

Michael Yates mikey+ at pitt.edu
Sat Nov 20 21:37:51 PST 1999

Ken Lawrence's words are both moving and well-taken. Actions proper in one context might not be proper in another. Once when addressing a group of glass workers, I was told not to mention gun control. so I did not. After the meeting a union stalwart was selling guns out of his truck! Best I could tell he was not a bigot or a militiaman. On the other hand, I have also heard that gun shows are disgusting displays of racism.

I might add that Ken's life of struggle and solidarity with the working class is pretty darned admirable!

Michael Yates

Apsken at aol.com wrote:

> By Ken Lawrence
> (continued from Part 1)
> Contrary to the allegations of Alexander Cockburn, Jeffrey St.Clair, and
> perhaps others who are frustrated with the current low level of

snip