AK/Armco Lockout & Paramilitary Occupation of Mansfield,Ohio

Tom Lehman TLEHMAN at lor.net
Sun Nov 21 08:39:06 PST 1999

Even though I've been fighting off a chest cold, I drove down to Mansfield yesterday to rally with the locked out, scabbed on, and threatened Steelworkers of Local 169.

Mansfield is about an hour and a half southwest of here by car. It's a nice drive through Ohio farm country and then you hit the typical small Ohio industrial city of Mansfield.

About 2000 Steelworkers and other union men and women from around Ohio assembled on the Mansfield town square for the usual impassioned speeches by local politicians, greetings of solidarity from labor organizations around the state, and some good explanations of the situation by Steelworkers.

We then marched down the main street past a couple of motels/hotels housing the scabs/thugs and then back to the town square.

If you would like to help preserve liberty in Ohio from the threats of corporate thugs, contact and or contribute to:

USWA Local 169 376 Longview Ave. Mansfield, Ohio 44903 419-522-9375 419-522-9385

http://www.uswa.org/news/armco/armcofactsheet.html