Proto-fascist structure

Chip Berlet cberlet at igc.org
Sun Nov 21 10:49:44 PST 1999

Hi,

Oh come on Doug, you know better about what I have written to make such an assertion. I have written dozens of articles over thirty years exposing government intelligence abuse. My argument is that when people on the left begin to uncritically circulate rumors from the conspiracist right it undermines real investigative reporting into government abuse of power.

See "Big Stories, Spooky Sources," Columbia Journalism Review, May/June 1993.

http://www.publiceye.org/media/spooky.html

I don't junk these charges entirely, I argue that we on the left should reject the right wing conspiracism and concentrate on what is documented, which is bad enough, to make our case against government repression.

-Chip

----- Original Message ----- From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Sunday, November 21, 1999 12:43 PM Subject: Re: Proto-fascist structure

> Chip Berlet wrote:
>
> >I challenge your belief in the Christic allegations about FEMA. They were
> >repackaged from the Liberty Lobby Spotlight newspaper and from the
LaRouche