Mistress Judith

Dennis R Redmond dredmond at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Mon Nov 22 02:44:12 PST 1999

On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, Yoshie Furuhashi:

> own subordination." No wonder Doug finds Butler infinitely compelling,
> for she writes her reader into a Mistress-Slave dialectic, in which the
> Law never fully discloses itself and the Slave must accept any
> punishment as fitting. Butler's style says: "You've failed me again,
> my dear, you never learn, do you, but you know you are responsible for
> my desire, you must please me without my instruction."

Oooh. Kinky. This would rock with a Velvet Underground sound-track, and flickering collages of Nico slithering around in the background, like some Teutonic T-Rex. "Taste the determinate negation, slave..." *whack*. When I become a real professor, I think I'll open a comp litcritter rumble-shack called UltraViolet and run Butler intoning mantras through a speaker, among other perversions.

-- Dennis