Mistress Judith (was Re: Butler on Spivak)

Russell Grinker grinker at mweb.co.za
Mon Nov 22 11:19:45 PST 1999

> For all people talk about "youth culture," people are regarded as
>potentially attractive for a much longer time today than in past. In
>Rosenkavalier, the Marschallin is having what she knows is her last love
>affair-- at 32! the gym is the price. Except for you and me :).
>
>katha

Isn't there more to it? We seem to live in an era of unparalleled self-obsession - not just working out and jogging but piercing, tattoos, branding and a myriad of cranky health obsessions. Or am I just getting old?

If you can't change the world at least you can have a go at changing your body...

Russell