[Fwd: Re: Butler on Spivak (was SZ)]

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Nov 22 12:29:40 PST 1999

kelley wrote:

> position at cornell. heh. talk about identity politics: she used to
> smoke a pipe. i about died when i learned that.

Geez, Kelley. Jan (my wife) smoked a pipe for years. Initially she switched to it because I was slipping in my use of it by bumming her cigarettes, but then she got to like it. And I quit smoking several years before she did. It's no big deal. (We did sometimes like the doubletake we got from drivers of cars who passed us or who we passed.)

Carrol