Proto-fascist structure

Chip Berlet cberlet at igc.org
Mon Nov 22 15:23:13 PST 1999

Hi,

I sent the "please stop" e-mail after the one you responded to.

Here's why I don't think it makes sense to continue to debate you:

You argue that since "the Red Army inflicted the most damage on the fascists" then Dimitroff's definition of fascism must be accurate and historically proven.

I defy you to diagram this assertion using logic. It fails a simple logic test.

You dismiss a 50,000 word monograph that took four years of research with the phrase "it did not refute my arguments." Clearly I disagree.

When I demonstrated that you misrepresented several posts about repression and democracy by substituting the word fascism, you say that I misrepresent what you have posted.

When I show that you suggested reading a fantastic misrepresentation of the FEMA scandal posted by a right wing crank, you respond by saying the "the historical facts, evidence, of the conduct of the bourgeoisie, including the U.S. bourgeoisie with COINTELPRO, a historical and dialectical materialist would presume that there is such a plan...it is materialistic to give it credence." Even if the version you promote is garbage? Left/Right...it doesn't matter as long as we despise the bourgeoisie? That's the Buchanan/Fulani coalition rhetoric in a nutshell; (and it's part of an intra-elite battle anyway).

Using this logic, the denunciation of global corporate capital by the fascist Third Position should be embraced by leftists...an idea that actually first surfaced in an infamous issue of Telos. May I recommend the work of Alain de Benoist?

Finally, your diatribe on the subject of "documentation" is charitably described as petulant whining. I refrained from posting my real feelings in deference to list rules of civility.

I find your claim to be debating using the rules of logic to be surreal. There is no point in continuing. I feel like I am trapped in an episode of Sliders where I have landed on an alternate universe. We clearly have different ideas about what constitutes linear logic.

Please take one last shot at refuting my work with your views. I will not respond.

Then, PLEASE, let's agree to disagree.

PLEASE.

-Chip Berlet

----- Original Message ----- From: Charles Brown <CharlesB at CNCL.ci.detroit.mi.us> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Monday, November 22, 1999 3:56 PM Subject: Re: Proto-fascist structure

<<<SNIP>>> <<<SNIP>>> <<<SNIP>>> <<<SNIP>>> <<<SNIP>>> <<<SNIP>>> <<<SNIP>>> <<<SNIP>>>