black nationalism reflux

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Mon Nov 22 19:49:50 PST 1999

carrol wrote:
> It is your use of "identity politics" in inappropriate contexts, your
> insistence in applying the label where it does not apply, that led
> me to include you among objectively racist marxists.

Yo, Ange,

take heart. at least you're not an objectively racist anti-marxist.

We saw this approach to nationalism in the Balkans fandango. The list-member formerly known as Louis, henceforth designated as <<O>>, supports nationalism when it facilitates his particular notion of world revolution. In other words, when it suits him. You can have self-determination, as long as your "self" fits my determination. In other words, an anti-nationalist defense of nationalism, not to say a racist anti-racism. Rakesh's infernal thoughts radiate outward and bleach his ass to plain vanilla.

I also like this bit about leadership. Evidently we need an affirmative action program to designate leaders. Imagine a real organizing situation involving real workers, and some resulting manifestation of leadership. In walk the anti-racist partisans, who say your leadership is too white and too male. Some of you white guys should step down in favor of a selection of minorities and women (to be determined by quota?). How long before such partisans are carried out horizontally, not least by minorities and women? What does this say about the ability or inclination of minorities or women to assert leadership?

Oh well. How about that Diogenes? What a card.

mbs