Buchanan's multicultural racism

rc-am rcollins at netlink.com.au
Tue Nov 23 16:41:17 PST 1999

i think michael pugliesi asked about multicultural racism. here it is, michael. (why are there so many michaels, btw?)

> POLITICAL QUIZ
>
> [With how many of the following statements do you agree? For extra
> points, identify the source of each statement.]

> Twenty-five hundred dead is a
> terrible tragedy; Auschwitz it is not

only an accountant would reduce a qualitative question to a quantitative one. what, are we going to give points for inefficiency? so, no.

> America is a good country; she does not make war on children.

well, that's obviously a lie, as well as being premised on a telling premise: nations as subjects, unified.

> 3. We need a new foreign policy rooted neither in the Wilsonian
Utopianism
> of the Democrat Party nor the Pax Americana of the Republican think tanks
> and little magazines, a policy that reflects the goodness and greatness
> of this Republic, but also an awareness that we were not put on this
earth
> to lord it over other nations.

err... 'reflects the goodness and greatness'? no.

> interventionism is the
> incubator of terrorism?

this is only partly true. but, what about the red brigades, the weathermen? they weren't a 'threat from the outside' nor a 'blast against US interventionism'. so, no.

> [All four statements are from a recent speech by Patrick Buchanan.]

that was kinda obvious in the premises, but you should have made it into a game and not told us. this was no fun at all. i also think the subject header should have been something along the lines of 'lookee, buchanan is scared of the world', or 'global apartheid: you stay over there and we won't bother you anymore', or maybe even 'arms for terrorists, no! walls for america, yes!'.

does that mean i don't get any points! darn.

Angela _________