ignore this, it's about women and sexism ...

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Nov 23 19:25:20 PST 1999

Kelley:
>>I don't think it's any different with race.
>
>bullshit. in leftist circles it sure as heck is.

Not true. While men might still outnumber women here, there are a number of women who post here regularly. Now, look around you and count the number of black posters who participate here often. Besides Charles and Art (who seldom ever posts), who else is here? What about Latino/as? Asians? Native Americans? Many leftist outfits are not well integrated racially. And what's the cause of this absence? In my view, this racial imbalance skews our discussion greatly, whether you notice it or not.

>>One doesn't want to be stuck in rehearsing Feminism 101 for
>>ever. Leave it to feminist guys to deal with non-feminist guys; it's their
>>responsibility.
>
>whatever. i suppose you will tell charles next time he starts educating
>whites to let the anti racist whites educate the racist whites, is that it?

Yes. I think Charles is often wasting his precious time. Why bother? Folks don't listen to him and generally behave badly in any "discussion" with him. I don't know why he is so patient. I strongly advise him especially not to waste time on the most idiotic. Let Michael H., Carrol, Doug, and others do it. Racism is a white problem, and it's the responsibility of white leftists to shoulder the main burden of battling against it, _especially in educating other white leftists_ when they fall short of expected anti-racist behaviors.

Yoshie