Mugger writes...

Steve Perry sperry at usinternet.com
Thu Nov 25 09:23:20 PST 1999

ah, quit whining--whether it's "speech" or "writing," it's certainly public in either case.

-----Original Message----- From: owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com [mailto:owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com]On Behalf Of Doug Henwood Sent: Thursday, November 25, 1999 11:03 AM To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: RE: Mugger writes...

Nathan Newman wrote:

>Russ Smith and Cockburn have been treating statements on LBO like any
>personal comments people might make at a meeting or a room.

I see that Mr Cockburn made a Nation column out of James Warren's Chicago Tribune piece on Richard Nixon's bigoted ravings, and that Counterpunch published Michael Yates's fine piece on teaching in prison, also posted here (and to several other lists). Perhaps Alexander Cockburn Omnimedia (TM) might consider a contribution to help defray the list's monthly transmission charges.

Doug