STRIKE

kelley oudies at flash.net
Fri Nov 26 14:56:16 PST 1999

When, in the course of lbo events, it is the case that one portion of the family of lbo-talk feels it necessary to assume a position that it has not hitherto assumed, but which the laws of discourse ethics <snort> entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes that impel them to such a course.

The history of lbo-talk is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations on the part of some toward feminist discussion, having in direct object the establishment of a position of privilege in how some argue about sex/gender

that they don not permit when lbo-talking about marx./marxism/class. . To prove this, let facts be submitted to a candid world.

let it be know that without fail each and every man who had argued against a feminist argument in this debate, as well as other debates in the past, have without fail done so without demonstrating a knowledge of feminist thought. while we recognize the right to be silly and ingorant, we do not feel that this is equitable in so far as when discussing class/.marx/marxism it is the case that lbo-talkers must deploy arguments by reference to marx, engles, lenin, gramsci, and etc marxist scholars. this prinicple in one aspect of lbo-talking is regularly upheld and enforced with bellicose accusations that the interlocutors do not know their marx, engles, lenin, gramsci, etc ad nauseum and ad hoc to wit and so forth. and yet, that very same priniciple of equality of method is not upheld in debates over sex and gender. certain lbo-talkers believe they can speak to these issues, most imortantly criticize, without reference to the work of feminist scholars or even critiques of feminist scholars.

This is INSUFFERABLE

Now, in view of this situation and because feminists do feel themselves aggrieved and fraudulently deprived of their right to be taken seriously, to have their arguments considered with as much rigor as marxist arguments are, we insist that lbo-talking continue on the basis of immediate submission to our demand that criticism demonstrate some knowledge of feminist arguments and feminist criticism.

In entering upon the great work before us, we anticipate no small amount of misconception, misrepresentation, and ridicule; but we shall use every instrumentality within our power to effect our object. We shall employ agents, circulate tracts, petition the state and national legislatures, and endeavor to enlist the keyboard, Mugger, and the Drudge Report onn our behalf. by compiling and forwarding you most embarassing words to Mugger, Drugdge and anyone else we can think of. we shall talk among ourselves only. and we shall only talk about feminist issues. whereas this is unlikely to disturb many, then we must commit civil disobedience to register our protest. wheeras, the only two rules are # of posts and imposturing, then we must break those rules as much as possible and fill the boxes all lbo-talkers with feminist rants, tratcts, research, net art, humor, ironic satires, and so forth. whereas they continually type in sexist ways about their favorite theories without having any one criticize them, we shall herewith and heretofore point out each and every blunder. we shall herewith deconstruct their texts by engaging in subtext slams [see bad subject slist] whereas, they have been free to debate among themselves in peace without such interventions, we shall from heretofore and fortnight disrupt all discussion. ****

Resolutions Whereas, no critic of feminist arguments has thus far demonstrated a familiarity with at least three different feminist authors or three different texts by one author, we demand that in addition to only arguing on the basis of some knowledge of feminist arguments, all participants must demonstrate within 48 hours beginning midnight eastern standard time 11.26.99 that they have read at least three different pieces of feminist scholarship [600pp not including pitures] by writing a 5 k synopsis of the arguments therein and include a bibliography of suggested readings for the future to be circulated among and required reading for offenders in the future.

Resolved, therefore, that, being invested by the GOD DOUG with the same capabilities and same consciousness of responsibility for their exercise, it is demonstrably the right and duty of feminists, equally with marxists, to promote every righteous cause by every righteous means; and especially in regard to the great subjects of politics and class struggle, it is self-evidently our right to participate with our marxist comrades in teaching them, both in private and in public, by writing and by speaking, by any instrumentalities proper to be used, and in any assemblies proper to be held; and this being a self-evident truth growing out of the GOD DOUG's divine decision to create lbo-talk, any custom or authority adverse to free and reasonable dialogue, whether modern or wearing the hoary sanction of antiquity, is to be regarded as a self-evident falsehood, and at war with mankind

*** help me out girlsz and buoyz what can we do here? thoughts on civil dis. paula, your poem. maybe post it every two hours or so. if doug kicks on e of us of we must all leave. solidarity!!!!!!

all in the spirit of a chuckle so don't get your panties in a twist!