Seattle authorities get ready for WTO

Christine Peterson quintanus at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 26 18:07:27 PST 1999

\well, I went downtown today. There weren't many anti fur or consumerism people out at all, which was unusual (although, buy nothing day is classist, so bless all the shoppers). There were a lot of police officers. The old Studio 420 club space at Olive and Denny had tons and tons of arriving activist types who really tended to look a lot as though they come from Eugene, Ore and Arcata. Not a lot of diversity, in terms of having people older than 28 or being non-white, but that is fine, I like to hang around with people like that. They looked like they were having hellu fun constructing things and plotting, and writing very unpacifist statements on the flow charts on the wall.

I think this will put the nail in the coffin of the Mayor's plan to vie for the 2012 Olympics.