[Fwd: Re: ignore this, it's about women and sexism ...]

Rakesh Bhandari bhandari at phoenix.princeton.edu
Sat Nov 27 11:42:04 PST 1999

>what is sex? not biological sex, but sex.

Kelley, I presume you have read Fausto Sterling's book. Sex may be genetic, chromosomal, hormonal *or* social. Almost always, all four definitions are consonant (genetic and chromosomal always so, though hormonal and chromosomal/genetic sex not always so).

I agree that social sex need not be consistent with either hormonal nor chromosomal sex, though in the vast majority of cases it is.

What is your point?

Yours, Rakesh