[Fwd: Re: M istress Judith

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 29 06:40:34 PST 1999

>There's a
>current advertisement for Forbes magazine -- seen in glossy mags, on buses,
>etc. - showing a well-off, middle-aged woman riding in a convertible with
>the top down and a twenty-something guy in the passenger seat.
>
> The copy says something like: "Our readers include wealthy
>executives at some of the top companies in the world. Inevitably, some
>choose to take trophy husbands."
>
> If there were more ads like Forbes', would the world be a better
>place?

Obviously not. But I still think it's a welcome development that older women are being portrayed in the media as physically attractive. There was an article in yesterday's NY Times affirming that this is a definite trend: "Models, Defiantly Gray, Give Aging a Sexy New Look." (I'm still catching up on several hundred LBO e-mails from a week ago, so I apologize if someone has pointed this article out already.)

Carl