article of interest

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Mon Nov 29 14:20:22 PST 1999

If I recall correctly, Arthur Diamond once did a study of the Richard T. Ely addresses, published in the American Economic Review, using one of those computer-based measures of clarity. He found a distinct downward movement overtime as a language of economists became more and more opaque.

--

Michael Perelman Economics Department California State University michael at ecst.csuchico.edu Chico, CA 95929 530-898-5321 fax 530-898-5901