serious euro-keiretsu action

Dennis R Redmond dredmond at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Tue Nov 30 01:24:38 PST 1999

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999 DANIEL.DAVIES at flemings.com wrote:

> Methinks not. The BSCH-centred "club of Europe" is looking like becoming
> the next Mitsubishi.

Interesting. Commerzbank is talking merger with BSCH, right?

I noticed Mannesmann is giving Vodaphone a graphic lesson in Central European furniture design -- by air-dropping an exceedingly large boulder through the Vodaphone boardroom window, presumably to complement the ferns. Now, I know all's fair in love and telecom mergers, but whatever *was* Gent thinking?

Fortunately, we know what Claude Bebear is thinking: it's spelled "Nippon Dantai".

-- Dennis