Posner and Gates

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Tue Nov 30 20:35:26 PST 1999

Judge Richard Posner is an icon of the Law and Economics School - I think that he sits on the 7th or 8th circuit court.

As CNN Money Line reported today, Posner is acting as a kind ofconsultant in some mediation process to try to bring Microsoft and the Federal government parties to some agreement.

Legally, I don't know how Posner can be brought into the fray between Gates and the Federal lawyers because it seems that he would be inteferring in a court process with the sitting judge who has already found Microsoft to have squashed competition but has not written a final decision- maybe someone else can say what allows Posner to do this???

I hope there is a write up in the LA Times tomorrow. As more details surface, I'll post them.

marta

-- Marta Russell author Los Angeles, CA Beyond Ramps: Disability at the End of the Social Contract http://www.commoncouragepress.com/ramps.html