ex-Marxist apostates (was He's Got the Whole World In His Hands)

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Fri Oct 1 08:15:10 PDT 1999

I hadn't heard that tidbit, but the Right has launched a frantic campaign to discredit the author and book, which is an 'authorized' biography. The weak spot they are targeting is the author's device of creating himself as a fictional character in the story -- making explicit what some historians do implicitly (i.e., embroidering for dramatic effect, or just making up shit.)

I very much doubt the veracity of the anecdote. Reagan was head of the Screen Actors Guild. He may be the Asshole of the Universe but he was not stupid.

mbs