Green Acres is the place to be...

Tom Lehman uswa12 at Lorainccc.edu
Fri Oct 1 08:49:24 PDT 1999

I had to make a little foray out into the heartland this week. While driving I listen to the radio to catch up on all the latest farm news and hot country and western tunes. Some of these farm shows are pretty damn funny. For example did you New Yorkers know that the Brooklyn Museum art show controversy is actually a CIA plot? That GM foods are under suspicion and that the country announcer's are talking about them like ufo's or black helicopters.

I heard one new tune guaranteed to be a country and western classic--the refrain goes--"She thinks my tractors sexy"....

Best bumper sticker of the trip. " Get In. Sit Down. Shut Up. And Hang On." Pasted to the rear window on the passenger side of an elderly Granger's car.

Bad news: The farm-ag scientist set is looking for $35.00 dollar a barrel oil by March if we have a cold winter!