Paglia in the WSJ

Fri Oct 1 22:07:30 PDT 1999

>In message <Pine.SOL.4.10.9910011702170.3833-100000 at phoenix.Princeton.ED
>U>, Rakesh Bhandari <bhandari at phoenix.Princeton.EDU> writes
>>
>>Boy, Jim H, you missed the point, though I hardly surprised that you have
>>to the incoherent defense of Paglia.
>
>I think on the whole that it is not constructive to discuss these
>matters with you.

Jeez, Jim H, you he men at Living Marxism never tire of dismissing your opponents, e.g. Jeremy Seabrook, as wimps and cry babies--the kind of insult you guys use. Do you think those convinced by his arguments would find it constructive to discuss anything with you? Please don't pretend that you are too civilized to trade mean spirited insults.

The problem is you can dish it out but you can't take it. Stand up to the plate, man, and hit the ball I pitched you. There was plenty on it. I argued your defense of Paglia and Paglia herself are wrong for specific reasons. If you have struck out, don't pretend that you never came to the plate.

Yours, Rakesh