Lagavullin

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Sun Oct 3 13:16:51 PDT 1999

Greetings, Comrade.

You should recall our little wager of one year past, that the Dow would plummet beneath the mark of 3,000 at some point before September 15, 1999.

Well, notwithstanding your command of the nearly-invincible science of Marxism-Leninism, your prediction has not come to pass.

Kindly ship the case of Lagavullin to:

Max B. Sawicky Suite 1200 Economic Policy Institute 1660 L Street, NW Washington, DC 20036

If it's any consolation, I do not partake of hard liquor myself, so I will be doling out the bottles to assorted members of LBO-Talk and PEN-L, many of whom share your esoteric political enthusiasms, in return for assorted favors, or in redemption of past debts.

In light of recent perturbations in the financial markets, you may regret not having set a slightly later date. If you like, we can go double or nothing, with a date of October 31, 1999. That will give you a shot at the historically troubled month of October. I think this is very generous. Don't you?

Regards,

Max Sawicky