MCI--Sprint

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Tue Oct 5 07:50:10 PDT 1999

Near our house was a Roy Rogers, which my daughter liked because they used to give away little toys when you bought something. Now RR has been bought up by McDonald's, and the place by our house is shut down, perhaps for renovations and reopening.

When she learned of this she started moaning, "Why does everything have to be McDonald's?"

I gave her Monopoly Capitalism to read.

mbs

It's like the anti-trust laws from the days of the trustbusters at the beginning of this century: a hoax. Yea , Teddy Roosevelt was a trustbuster. He'll take care of J.P. Morgan for the everyday people, ha ha, no kidding

tee hee).

Since 19oo we have truly been in _monopoly_ capitalism, with monopoly competition, and bigger monopolies today than ever before.

CB

>>> Tom Lehman <uswa12 at Lorainccc.edu> 10/05/99 08:11AM >>>
I was under the impression that the official reason for the breakup of ATT and the Bell System was to introduce competition into the telecommunications business. So, after all these years of annoying phone calls and junk mail from outfits like MCI and Sprint the new paradigm is back to mergers and consolidation of operations. Talk about ironic!

Tom Lehman