Of gods and vampires: an introduction to psychoanalysis

Dennis R Redmond dredmond at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Wed Oct 6 01:42:51 PDT 1999

On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Max Sawicky wrote:

> Lit-crit was doomed thirty years ago, if not earlier,
> when lit was stripped of non-lit context.

Doomed to success, that is. All the world's an e-text, and we cyberscribes are but petty players on the Webpage, and the code's the thing, to catch the conscience of the Network King, or something like that. But I still can't think of a rhyme to "late capitalist cultural mediation". Dammit, where's Heiner Mueller when we really need him?

-- Dennis