intuition and the olfactory test

jmage at panix.com jmage at panix.com
Wed Oct 6 09:09:46 PDT 1999

kelley writes

> i also
>used to work at a sambo's --changed to "no place like sam's" coz the name
>was racist. this is where i started getting radical re work though coz
>they walked in one morn at 5 a.m. --working the bar rush shift--and slapped
>chains on the door and said, "we've just closed this store and 499 others]

and i was on the plaintiff (class action) jurytrial team against the sambo's directors in the fraud suit that followed that bankruptcy. we managed to get one director to testify against the others by offering to drop him from the action. defense lawyers screamed that we had breached sacred lawyer-client privilege by contacting him without going through his lawyers (i.e. them). (actually he contacted us). the judge (good guy - whitman knapp) started laughing - called them "fancy types" who don't see it done by the cops and DAs every day, & he had to let them do it and he sure was going to let us do it also.

john mage