debating libertarians

jf noonan jfn1 at msc.com
Wed Oct 6 10:32:51 PDT 1999

On Wed, 6 Oct 1999, Charles Brown wrote:

> Gee when I said wake up and smell the coffee, I didn't mean
> drink it too.

:-)

> OK, but don't a lot of libertarian protest the Waco attack
> by the feds ?

Most definitely. But I do too -- Reno belongs in prison for that, if no other reason.

> Are you talking about the CATO institute ? What is their
> position on traditional values ?

Yes. They have no position, they're liberarians. They don't care who you (consenually) fuck, what you smoke, or if you have an abortion. Some individuals may favor 'traditional' values, but they would not cram them down the throats of others as would, say, Gary Bauer.

Joseph Noonan jfn1 at msc.com