debating libertarians

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Oct 7 05:15:16 PDT 1999

rc-am wrote:

>my impression, from the distance of melbourne, is that the davidians were
>peculiar for the US in the extent to which they were not a 'white sect'.

The Workers Vanguard analysis made a lot of this too - that the authorities just couldn't stand it that the sect was so multiracial and multiethnic.

Also, speaking of WV and MOVE, the latest WV has a column by Mumia Abu-Jamal on Waco. He brings up the MOVE massacre as a parallel (as he says, the only person to do any jail time was Ramona Africa, for the crime of surviving the bombing), but he's plenty outraged by state murder and lying in the the slaughter of the Davidians.

Doug