Harvard's Communist archive goof

Thu Oct 7 09:44:22 PDT 1999

>>> Michael Pollak <mpollak at panix.com> 10/07/99 03:18AM >>>

Harvard acquires bogus Communist archives

Copyright © 1999 Nando Media

Copyright © 1999 Associated Press

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (October 6, 1999 7:01 a.m. EDT

http://www.nandotimes.com) - Harvard University has been one-upped by

Stanford in an embarrassing episode involving Communist Party

documents from the former Soviet Union.

Harvard on Tuesday issued a news release calling the documents it had

just obtained "previously classified," but The Boston Globe reported

Wednesday that the 25 million sheets of material are copies.

The Stanford-affiliated Hoover Institution of War, Revolution and

Peace has had most of the material for the past five years.

"We have more than them," said a Hoover archivist, Lora Soroka. "Of

course we do. It's our project."

Charles: In fact, Soroka added, many of these documents we made up or doctored ourselves over our many years of anti-communist and anti-Soviet propagandizing.

CB