AFL-CIO restructuring

Enrique Diaz-Alvarez enrique at anise.ee.cornell.edu
Thu Oct 7 10:13:43 PDT 1999

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Nathan Newman wrote:
>
> >I love how much the insane freerepublic.com people sound like the insane LBO
> >people.
>
> Curiously enough, freerepublic.com is one of the leading sources of
> visitors to the LBO website. I think we "insane" people are united in
> our distaste for mushy centrism, as much as we differ on everything
> else.
>
> Doug

It may be due to our collective Civil War trauma, but like most Spaniards I happen to think mushy centrism is not without advantages. I think that you are referring here to right wing reaction recast as mushy centrism, an entirely different thing.

-- Enrique Diaz-Alvarez Office # (607) 255 5034 Electrical Engineering Home # (607) 272 4808 112 Phillips Hall Fax # (607) 255 4565 Cornell University mailto:enrique at ee.cornell.edu Ithaca, NY 14853 http://peta.ee.cornell.edu/~enrique