Alice down under in Wonder

Fri Oct 8 12:48:09 PDT 1999

>>> "rc-am" <rcollins at netlink.com.au> 10/08/99 03:08PM >>>
charles,

> THIS IS PREVARICATION. YOU DIDN'T QUOTE MOST OF WHAT I SAID. THE REST OF
IT SHOWS YOU ARE NOT TELLING THE TRUTH.<

what am i not telling the truth about?

((((((((((((

Charles: Could we start to bring this to a close. We don' t seem to be able to understand each other. If you want to think that I think that the Yugo war was not motivated by what I said in the last post, go ahead. If you want to think that when we discussed this during the war , you corrected me, go ahead.

I don't agree with you. I know what I thought and wrote then and now, and it is not what you say. I showed you where I said the same thing to you when the war was going on. As far as I am concerned , you misread and misrepresented my posts then and now. I have a good memory and I know what I thought and think. So, it is kind of silly to try to covince me otherwise. In fact, it is pointless.

I do not think now, nor have I ever thought ,nor did I write that the Yugo war was motivated by capturing mines only and not by getting control of the labor power of Yugo workers, whether you think so or not.

With all due respect, I am getting to the point that I don't care what you think about what I think or thought caused the war.

Br'er Rabbit

what you added to the citations of prior posts does not falsify that, as i said yesterday "in post after post earlier this year, you insisted that the war against Yugoslavia was being waged in order to grab resources and for arms sales. which is why it took a number of posts from me ... in order to get you even to gesture ever so superficially at the class struggle and things like surplus value, and then promptly return to the resources thing."

what will show me that i am wrong is

a) a post PRIOR to this discussion around the 11th of May where you had not, as i said above, "insisted that the war against Yugoslavia was being waged in order to grab resources and for arms sales";

b) referred in more than a superficial way to the class struggle and the labour power of yugoslav workers AFTER this discussion around May 11th;

and c) where you had in fact DISCUSSED (and not simply gestured toward) the class struggles in Yugoslavia, and/or the ex-Yu, and/or even the war itself as part of the class struggle and a deterioration of the conditions of exploitation of yugoslav labour-power PRIOR to this discussion around May 11th.

Angela _________