Alice down under in Wonder

Fri Oct 8 14:07:34 PDT 1999

You have no credibility with me. I am completely ignoring your claim and complaint. I think you are dishonest. I don't care if you make the complaint 7,000 times. It is phony and based on some weird, illegitimate motive.

Why you think I would pay attention to your complaints when you ignore mine is strange.

No, I don't think women think that way about me. I told you about how women , in general think about me.

Why do you think it's ok for you to speak condescendingly to me ? Or for you to slough off my complaints about you ?

No, we are not talking about me as you say. We are talking about how you talk to me. And how you are making entirely bogus claims here. Not everyone is condescending to me . We are talking about you.

But I don't care that much about you being condescending. I'm just pointing out that what you write below is false and hypocritical.

I have an idea. Don't read my posts. Then you won't have to worry.

Bye, bye,

CB

>>> kelley <oudies at flash.net> 10/08/99 04:42PM >>>
this is just beautiful. grrRls, don't you think this is a beautful example of pure sexist BS? i mean, seriously, save this for use in teaching or something.

instead of dealing with the complaint, one that has been made four times now, charles, you slough it off and say, "it's coz you treat me this way first"

excuse me, but where do you figure that in any way whatsoever? is it not also possible that women, in responding to you [and to other men in general on this list] feel much the same: that we're condescended to. treated less respectfully and so forth. i mean, you compare the way you wrote to doug yesterday with the way you've written to women in the past -- as unimportant bits of fluff hardly worth your time and effort coz you're so bored or you think they're stupid or not well read enough.

charles, i have never said fuck you wrt racism. we have disagreed with regard to the way racism manifests itself. all i've ever done is ask you for a more nuanced analysis of racism. you insist n going for the overt, obvious racism. my tack has always been to

>You see there's a problem with your claiming that I condescend to you
because you are a women, because I am always sort of responding to your "ethnocentric" condescescion toward me. So there is sort of a stalemate on that. I can't really trust that you don't have an ulterior motive in your claims. As a matter of fact , I am sure of it. Plus, I show posts exchanges to other people, including women, and you don't come up with a good score.

>My check on it is Black women find me very non-male supremacist, so I
gotta go with their opinion. As a matter of fact White women I know consider me non-sexist, so I gotta believe you are kinda hoaxing it here.

we're talking about how you consistently dismiss most of the women on this list, charles. i don't give a bat's eyelash what you do elsewhere. i'm sure you're a wonderful man and i'm sure that you do the best you can. i'm simply asking that you be a bit more cognizant of the way you treat women, ON THIS LIST, particularly since you seem to think that everyone is condescending to you. like i said, if anyone else did this, i'd call them on it and, in fact, have called them on it: paul rosenberg, namely

>As a matter of fact, I am a lot more respectful in the way I talk to you
than the way you talk to me. So, I'd say you are the one exhibiting the supremacy and condescension. You can write all the stuff you want like the below, but that doesn't make it true, and I am disregarding it as false.

oh gee whiz charles, and as a matter of fact when i left my position at two elite liberal arts unis, the students of color there begged me not to go. yeah that's right, chaz lil ole apparently in your fucking eyes racist me was such a racist that her students of color begged her not to go.

now does that impress you?

No?

Ditto