[fla-left] Bloody execution photos draw gamut of responses (fwd)

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 11 07:04:55 PDT 1999

>Capital punishment, along with constant media attention to violent crimes,
>seems to make the public mind morbid and/or brutal.

I couldn't agree with you more, Yoshie. In fact, I'll raise the ante and state my categorical detestation of movies that depict violence in hyper-graphic terms. I think all these exercises in Grand Guignol cheap thrills debase public sensibilities and desensitize people to the effects of violence.

Carl