Who pulled my bloody chain? (re: oppression and food stamps)

Rob Schaap rws at comserver.canberra.edu.au
Tue Oct 12 07:21:09 PDT 1999

G'day Daniel,

Blinded by just the sort of knee-jerk nationalism that tragically renders the working class asunder, you risk all, Glendower like, in empty but expansively expensive gesture (although I note you'd be able to pick up the Laphroaig duty-free on your marketing junket - clever boy - you should mail it from the States, it's cheaper from there).

I shall take this bet only if you repeat this challenge after due reflection - I happen to think Australia accumulates quite enough wealth from the third world as it is.

I think, too, and it pains me *almost* as much to have to say it as it does you to have to hear it, that even the Prince Henries are fielding a better 15 than you lot at the moment (still, 'pessimism of the intellect; optimism of the will' as a talented but slight Italian benchwarmer once exhorted, eh?). I don't think the Wallabies are quite as good as they think they are, but, alas, it won't be the Welsh who expose them (you'll have a good first half and fall away after that, as our lustrously-skinned Adonises call on their awesome reserves).

Also sprach marsupial boy!