Dabbling in the serene

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 13 06:33:31 PDT 1999

Apropos of nothing, I thought I'd share a nifty quote -- one that I certainly connect with -- from director David Lynch, who has just made an anomalously life-affirming movie, "The Straight Story," for Disney, of all outfits. In an article in this past Sunday's NY Times, Lynch said he doubted he'd make any sustained attempt to turn out optimistic films, stating: "I don't want to limit my choice of projects. My sensibility was probably too warped at a young age for me to do more than dabble in the serene."

Carl