Further PDS advances in Berlin

Johannes Schneider Johannes.Schneider at gmx.net
Wed Oct 13 08:13:32 PDT 1999

Doug asked:
> Does the PDS have some nerve on the Nichtdeutschen
> issue? Are they good internationalists?
Doug, as always, it depends all on your own expectations. Certainly the PDS compares positively to the rest of parties inside parliament. In words they are surely anti-rascists. IMHO the problem with the anti-rascist positions lies in the fact that the PDS does not actively struggle for it or at least advance it. To me it seems they make to much concessions to a nationalist mainstream (especially in the east). E.g. the PDS does not mobilise their large membership against the wave of rascist attacks. Johannes