Rhetorical Gestures (was Re: Spivak sez...)

Wed Oct 13 11:15:54 PDT 1999

>>> Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> 10/13/99 12:48PM >>
4) the point should be not to junk Kant & Co., but to follow Marx's example, and use them "from below." I don't know if this is the complicity she has in mind, and I don't know what Ahmad's argument was, but that's what she said.

Charles: Anybody know examples of how Marx did this and where ? I cannot remember ever reading Marx using Kant's name.

In general, Engels seems to fold all the classical German philosophers into Hegel, and use Hegel "from below". "Kant & Co." is more "Hegel & Co." since Hegel critiqued the Critical philosophy.

CB