Postmodern Cover for Gitlin's 'Yes' (was Re: kooky brit journoson holiday)

elena spectra at elits.rousse.bg
Sat Oct 16 01:05:13 PDT 1999

Thanks for your interesting comments, Yoshie! Yet, having admired T's brilliant postings elsewhere for quite a long time, I was wondering whether this last opus was the side effect of a hangover or smth - or just cross-cultural skidding (my fault). So I am still wondering, "does one wonder, and does one bother..."

>I suppose t's "copy, paste, copy paste..." refers to the activities of t's
>brain chemicals recycling all the stories hitherto published in order to
>make liberals welcome the recolonization of Yugoslavia and accept the
>deaths of Serbs, Roma, anti-KLA Albanians, etc. with equanimity.

His translation seems to agree (and support) with this Playboy Arkan-Hollywood Hitler imagery which conveniently/preemptively spins inconvenient questions (not that anyone cares to ask them).

Elena

I shot the sheriff but I didn't shoot the messenger Don't Shoot the Messenger http://www.medienhilfe.ch "We'll deal with the Milosevic regime. Just do not bomb us again under the pretext of helping us."