Another Postmodern Cover (was Re: Subject)

t byfield tbyfield at panix.com
Sun Oct 17 12:51:16 PDT 1999

> Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 11:23:43 -0400
> From: Yoshie Furuhashi <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu>

> Another postmodern cover for Gitlin's 'Yes.' 'Deconstruction' of this sort
> is nothing but obscurantist, when what we are discussing is the NATO
> occupation of Yugoslavia. You are so busy 'problematizing the nation
> state' from a micro-political angle that you forget the point for us was
> and is to oppose the NATO expansion, to oppose imperialism, period.

^^^^^^^^^

the mark of the master ironist, that.

actually, the origin of this thread was your Thu, 14 Oct 1999 18:56:51 message, 'Hitler's Double in Kosovo,' which definite- ly was not about the NATO occupation yugoslavia. and, despite your valiant efforts to prescribe the focus of the subsequent discussion, most remarks have orbited around the region's pol- itical, economic, and cultural fabric from WW2 on. denouncing others as 'postmodernists,' failed 'ironists' and 'deconstruc- tionists' simply because they don't submit to your program is a bit silly, imo.

cheers, t - "...curse you, Byfield....Nurse! Time for my bong hit..."