Peter Sloterdijk vs. Jurgen Habermas: A Society of AcademicSpectacles?

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon Oct 18 09:01:44 PDT 1999

Johannes wrote:
>Its the latest intelectual debate in Germany. Last year we had the Walser
>debate. More or less its the old-fashioned Bonn republic liberals against
>the now fashionable neo-conservatives from the Berlin republic.

Egad, the evil of two lessers! (Just the sort of controversies that give Jim Heartfield a steady livelihood -- not that I begrudge him his good fortune, though.) Are there any German intellectuals worth reading -- I mean our contemporaries? Any recommendations?

BTW, what's the Walser debate? Another debate that shows the evil of two lessers?

Yoshie