Hate crimes

michael at ecst.csuchico.edu michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Mon Oct 18 09:35:26 PDT 1999

I'm for hate crimes legislation, but I don't expect much good to come from it. The idea of hate crimes legislation in our present political environment is problematical, at best. The government is run by people who make their reputation by stirring up hate against disadvantaged and minority people. They tell us that all the problems in the country are due to immigrants and welfare mothers and the other usual suspects. Then, we expect them to punish people who take their venomous rhetoric seriously.

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu