Hate crimes and Able-ism

Mon Oct 18 13:10:04 PDT 1999

Seems to me this type of mass murder of elderly or diabled by hateful medical professionals is reported from time to time in the press. Who knows how many others are not reported. Nazi advocacy of the same is another reason we don't need Nazi ideas circulating in the marketplace of ideas anymore.

CB

>>> Marta Russell <ap888 at lafn.org> 10/18/99 03:24PM >>>
When I raise the issue of hate crimes against those who are not as "able" as others -- coming from an able-ist bias, I am often looked at incredulously. So many wrongly believe that the disabled and elderly are untouchable, cared for, protected persons -- how could anyone do anything deliberate against them?

Here is one account of such a hate crime.

Marta

Indiana nurse found guilty of killing patients

BRAZIL, Ind., Oct 17 (Reuters) - An Indiana jury on Sunday found a former nurse guilty of giving fatal injections to six patients in his care, allegedly because he hated the elderly.

-clip-