Rhetorical Gestures (was Re: Spivak sez...)

kelley oudies at flash.net
Tue Oct 19 06:28:06 PDT 1999

>What can better illustrate the problem of a psychoanalytic view of life
>than this, Carrol? Even Freud would have to agree that sometimes an insult
>is, well, just an insult....

no, sometimes a cigar is just a good smoke. if'n ya wanna be marxist about it that is.

here yoshie, and fellow music fans i think this band, imperial teen <www.imperialteen.com>, that i'm crushed out on right now has an appropriate one wrt to the perversion of boxing people into categories which you have no basis for doing so and a curious assumption that reading an author means the reader=the author.

is it you, me, both?

i don't wanna give you the time that you give me i don't wann go to a be-in with you put me in a box and cut into my psyche you will find i'm done before starting with you i know that daddy's reached his prime now it's cradle robbing time but i'm too old for whine just get it over with i don't wanna give you the time that you give me i don't wanna go to the islands with you put me in a box and make love to my skeleton we can snuff my soul and smoke after we're through i can't play your touchy feel it's not part of the deal' won't die for every meal just get it over with good boy gone sour locked in a tower good boy gone sour paid by the hour good boy gone sour

imperial teen "blaming the baby"

Now, Ken, go back with Kelley to your