Positive features of U.S. policy

Seth Ackerman SAckerman at FAIR.org
Tue Oct 19 12:39:54 PDT 1999

Doug wrote:

> The whole statement is an exercise in overstatement - it almost reads
> like an early contribution to the Gore campaign.

The original draft of the statement was written by Dean Baker and was a lot less boosterish for U.S. policy. Later, Jamie Galbraith substantially revised it. (I came up with the original suggestion for an economists' statement on Schroeder's reforms.) But I think the net effect of the statement is very positive and certainly 180 degrees away from Goreish centrism. The idea is to convince the German left that there are choices other than Blairism.

Seth