Doing a Kant (was Re: Rhetorical Gestures)

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 20 10:29:02 PDT 1999

>If he [Jefferson] was flawed, then the truth
>is that the times were flawed, and he failed to transcend them.
>--
>Jim heartfield

Flawed? Ye gods, Jim, you make it sound like Jefferson picked his teeth at the table. The man was a moral felon -- indulging himself to an absurd degree on stolen labor (slaves) and money (huge debts he had no hope of repaying). I would be surprised if a good number of Jefferson's contemporaries didn't see him for the egregious fraud he was.

Carl