Stratfor's zero-based intelligence method

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Oct 21 10:28:13 PDT 1999

Nathan Newman wrote:

>Sure. I should have said business constituency attuned to restrained and
>selective interventionism. But the point is that there is a whole class of
>business-based imperialists who saw no interests in Kosovo, which undermines
>the argument that this intervention was driven by such interests.

Is this a backdoor way of saying that intervention really was driven by humanitarian impulses and not power politics? You're always going to find business interests opposed or indifferent to intervention. But is that where big capital is at? Does opposition or indifference from certain (mainly smallish) capitals undermine the role of the state executive as the executive committee of the bourgeoisie?

Lots of financial players hate it when the Fed tightens; they lose money. Does that mean that capital is ill-served by its central bankers?

Doug